Teacher/Lecturer in Computer Science
*Salaries up to £33,890 or Market forces payment options could be accessible for a fully qualified, suitably experienced/exceptional candidates. This can be discussed at interview.
Based Wakefield, West Yorkshire (Wakefield Campus)
Full time or part time opportunities available, please state on your application form your preference of full time or part time hours.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Lecturer to teach A level Computer Science to year 12 and year 13 students in the Wakefield College Sixth Form and to teach Level 3 and Higher Nationals Computing/IT provision.
We have a strong academic ethos; working towards excellence for our students and helping each individual to achieve their full potential. As a Lecturer in Computer Science, you will contribute to the provision of an excellent learner experience to students on those courses, including retention of the students and the achievement of their qualifications.
As a Lecturer in Computer Science, you would be joining a team of professional, dedicated and experienced Lecturers in a positive and supportive environment where staff enjoy a good sense of camaraderie and have high expectations of themselves and their students.
This post would suit an experienced teacher of the subject matter or a newly qualified graduate/IT industry professional (with the relevant specialist technical knowledge and the ambition and communication skills to become a successful teacher). In the case of the latter, full training will be provided.
As a Lecturer in Computer Science, you should have:
- A degree in Computer Science, Computing (or other related discipline)
- GCSE A* - C in Maths and English qualifications or equivalent (new grading 9-4)
- An up-to-date knowledge of the relevant curriculum – specifically the A level Computer Science specification
- A good knowledge and understanding of programming, networking, databases, software development and similar
- Strong working knowledge of and the ability to use object-oriented programming languages (ideally C# or Java programming languages or possibly VB.net or Python)
- Child Care Vouchers
- Generous Annual Leave
- Discounted Metro Card Scheme
- Good Pension Scheme
- Excellent Training & Development
Closing date: 11.00am on Monday 25 June 2018
Interview date: Wednesday 4 July 2018
See what we have to offer and come and join us. You won’t be disappointed.
For more information about Wakefield College and the opportunity to apply, please click the Apply button and you will be redirected to our college website.
Transforming lives through learning …
… by enabling young people, adults and employers to fulfil their potential.
Wakefield College is committed to safeguarding the welfare of all students and this post will be subject to Enhanced Disclosure from the DBS.
We aim to develop a workforce that reflects the diverse community we serve and positively encourage applications from all.