Apprentice Office Administrator (L2)
Employer: Holy Trinity C of Primary School
Apprenticeship level: Intermediate
Apprenticeship duration: 18 months
Possible start date: 3rd September 2018
Working week: Monday to Friday 8.30am - 4.00pm, 35 hours per week
A fantastic opportunity for someone wishing to develop a career within Business Administration to join this forward thinking Primary Academy as Apprentice Office Administrator. Working under the supervision of the existing clerical team you will provide a professional, effective and efficient service in all aspects of school administration. Your role will be to provide comprehensive administration support to the teaching and support staff by carrying out administrative and clerical tasks across the school. The role, based in the busy school office will involve regular interaction with parents, visitors, staff and pupils and roles.
- Assisting with the production of correspondence across the school
- To undertake reception duties, providing excellent customer service and ensuring all visitors to the school receive an excellent first impression
- Answering the main school telephone, taking messages clearly and concisely and passing to the relevant staff members. Receiving and distributing all school post.
- To assist in the production of letters and reports, filing, photocopying and other general administrative duties;
- To use information systems and prepare information for internal use within excel and word and PowerPoint
- To assist with the organising and facilitating of meetings and events such as parents evening.
- To be responsible for the stocking of stationary supplies
- There may be an element of petty cash and financial administration;
- To assist with enquiries from pupils and families.
- To help ensure the prompt circulation of information throughout the school
- Ability to prioritise workload
- Able to communicate on all levels
- Ability to work with good levels of detail
- Excellent ICT skills
- Good level of English language
- Good attendance record
- Smart appearance
- Excellent communication skills
- Grade A* - C in English, Maths and ICT (or equivalents) are essential.
Level 2 Business and Administration
Functional Skills (where required)
Apprenticeship framework: Business and Administration