Work Placement Officer - Child Studies
The Manchester College is based at many sites across the city, each with its own specialist cutting edge facilities within a friendly and supportive environment. We are the largest FE college in the UK providing education and training to a wide range of learners.
Join the largest Further Education College in the UK as a Child Studies Work Placement Officer for the Sports Public Services and Care Professions Department on a Permanent, Part Time (29.6 hours per week) basis:
- To secure and maintain sufficient work placement capacity for the department of Sport Public Services and Care Professions
- Liaise with learners and course tutors to allocate appropriate work placements to learners
- To assess learner competency in the work placement setting
- To support learners/placement providers and deal with day to day issues that may arise
- Undertake vocational assessment of learners in the work place providing high quality feedback to learners, complete appropriate assessment documentation in line with awarding body requirements
As a Work Placement Officer your role is to develop work placement opportunities with employers in order to provide placements for learners within the department.
In order to do this, you will need:
- Awareness of relevant Health & Safety and safe guarding procedures
- Appropriate industry experience.
- Appropriate Assessor Qualification
- L3 or above qualification in the subject area.
The Manchester College is an equal opportunities employer welcoming applications from all sections of the community. We have also recently been awarded the Investors in Diversity award.
All applicants must demonstrate in their application their ability to meet the Key Responsibilities, Key Result Areas and Qualifications/Skills/Experience detailed within the role profile for shortlisting purposes.
Salaries are based on skills, qualifications and experience. All salaries are subject to job evaluation.