Apprentice Receptionist/Administrator (L2)
Employer: Halstead Centre Ltd
Apprenticeship level: Intermediate
Apprenticeship duration: 12 months
Possible start date: 1st July 2018
Working week: 30 hours per week, shifts TBC
The Halstead Centre is looking for one Apprentice Receptionist/Administrator. If you enjoy interacting with people and would like to work in a leisure environment, then this Customer Service Apprenticeship could be perfect for you!
This Apprenticeship will train you to provide excellent customer service in the sport and recreation sector.
As a customer service apprentice, it’s likely that you’ll work at the front end of an employer’s business activities and regularly assist customers. In most cases, you’ll be making sure that customers are dealt with in a positive, reliable, and pleasant way, which could involve offering advice, answering questions, or handling complaints.
The successful candidate will be required to carry out reception and administration duties.
- Greeting Leisure Centre and Swim School users and directing them to where they need to be
- Answering enquiries in person, by phone and email
- Dealing with incoming and outgoing post and deliveries
- Arranging appointments and updating records on databases
- Taking payments and handling invoices
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills
- The ability to use office equipment like computers, photocopiers and fax machines
- Organisational skills
- No formal qualifications required
Apprentices receive on the job training, working alongside professionals to gain relevant experience within the leisure industry. You will also have the opportunity to achieve nationally recognised qualifications and earn a weekly wage.
You will be assigned a tutor who will visit you whilst at work, and who will guide and support you through your apprenticeship. They will work closely with you and your manager to ensure you have all the necessary aids you require to complete your apprenticeship.
Qualifications gained during this apprenticeship include:
- Level 2 Diploma in Customer Service
- Level 2 Award in Employee Rights and Responsibilities (ERR)
- Functional Skills in English and Maths (if required)
Apprenticeship framework: Customer Service