Apprentice - School Administration (L2) x 2
2 roles available, fixed-term up to 18 months.
Leeds City College is one of the UK’s largest FE establishments with around 1200 employees and over 35,000 students. Offering a diverse curriculum within a vibrant and multicultural learning environment, our goal is to deliver excellent and innovative education which supports and inspires every student to achieve their ambitions.
The responsibility of the Admission team is to provide general admin support to the Curriculum staff and students across a broad range of courses. We are responsible for ensuring that administration tasks are completed in a timely manner and the departmental data is accurate. The role will cover a variety of tasks, such as:
- Updating records on our computerised student records system.
- Producing letters as required by departments to send to parents and/or students.
- Provide support to students in processing bursaries and issuing travel and meal cards.
- Booking rooms for meetings and events.
- Responding to enquiries from staff, both by phone and email.
- Ordering goods and services from external providers.
- Enrolling students to college courses.
- Provide support at cross college events as required.
- General office duties.
Employees of Leeds City College enjoy a wide range of benefits. To find out more about what we offer click on the following link: http://www.leedscitycollege.ac.uk/the-college/jobs-and-careers/benefits/
Leeds City College is committed to Equality of Opportunity (ensuring everyone is treated fairly) and safeguarding children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All successful applicants are required to complete an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Services (DBS) check as well as mandatory pre-employment checks which may also include checking social media profiles. We positively welcome applications from all sections of the community.
*Level 2 Apprenticeship rates depending on age:
- 16-17 yrs: £4.36 per hour equivalent to a salary of £8,411 per annum.
- 18-20 yrs: £6.06 per hour equivalent to a salary of £11,691 per annum.
- 21-24 yrs: £7.54 per hour equivalent to a salary of £14,546 per annum.
- 25+ yrs: £7.83 per hour equivalent to a salary of £15,105 per annum.