Apprentice Mechanical Engineering Technician (L3)
Employer: GFSA Ltd
Apprenticeship level: Advanced
Apprenticeship duration: 2 years
Possible start date: 4th June 2018
Working week: Monday to Friday 8.00am - 4.00pm, 40 hours per week
- To complete a programme of training to be conducted within GFSA Ltd. This programme will commence with a practical element, concluding with more technical duties.
- To become proficient in the application and use of a wide range of Fabrication, Welding, Assembly and Machining type equipment and machinery. To understand the operations and processes within our business.
- Fitting and assembly skills including the use of hand tools and marking out.
- Welding, fabrication, Assembly, Turning, Milling, .
- Sheet metalwork/thick plate work including shearing, sawing, folding, fabricating etc.
- Measurement and inspection techniques using a variety of metrology equipment.
- Training in the use of Computer Aided Design (CAD) using proprietary software packages (Solid Works)
- Have a full working knowledge of various quality standards used within the business and under supervision produce technical documents to satisfy internal and external customers’ requirements.
- To be able to produce and deliver technical presentations to technical and non-technical persons, within and external to the business
- Attendance at college on a full time followed by day release and evening class basis leading to recognised NVQ/Btec qualifications over a four year period.
- Carrying out such tasks and duties as directed by the Training Manager/Works Foreman or Director that are calculated to contribute to the requisite levels of performance and competence.
- To provide a record of completed work in the company issued log book, maintaining skill specification index as directed by the training manager.
- Demonstrable interest in an engineering discipline.
- To be I.T. literate and familiar with Microsoft “Word”, “Excel” or equivalent software.
- Ability to work efficiently and accurately
- Highly motivated, and enthusiastic about becoming a highly qualified and respected technical engineer
- Aptitude for practical science or engineering skills
- The ability to work as a team member and possess good interpersonal, communication and literacy skills.
- To work with efficiency, accuracy and to be able to meet deadlines.
- To be able to prioritise workload and work under own initiative.
- High level of flexibility and dependability.
- Passionate about always trying and working hard.
- Minimum of 4 GCSE’s or equivalent, at grade A* to B including Maths, English and a science related subject.
- 2 A Levels or equivalent engineering subject would be desirable.
- No prerequisite experience required but a demonstrable interest in mechanical engineering through school or hobby interests
Engineering – Technical Support Apprenticeship.
Full training will be provided on an ongoing daily basis and when required. You will be required to attend college premises 1 day a week working towards the Technical Support qualification. An assessor will be allocated to you to progress/help you through you course. Continual assessment for NVQ’s coupled with assignments/or exams depending on course of study. Time spent training will be part of the agreed contracted hours of the working week.
In addition, you will receive:
- Company induction placements throughout the business
- Ongoing personal development
Apprenticeship framework: Engineering Manufacture