Apprentice Teaching Assistant (L2)
Employer: Wood Green High School College
Apprenticeship level: Intermediate
Apprenticeship duration: 15 months
Possible start date: 3rd September 2018
Working week: Monday to Friday shifts between 8.00am - 4.00pm, 30 hours per week, term time only
Wood Green Academy are keen to add to their existing staff of Teaching Assistants through recruitment of a Level 2 Apprentice. The school have proven success in supporting Apprentice Teaching Assistants, and by working alongside the existing academic staff you will provide support for learners in key areas such as English, Maths and Science. This fantastic opportunity is ideal for anyone with a proven knowledge/ interest in one of the key areas, and to develop a career as a Teaching Assistant.
- Supporting all students and providing pastoral support in the classroom environment
- Providing structured support in accordance with the schemes of work teachers
- Contributing to raising standards by ensuring high expectations are promoted to pupils.
- By ensuring pupils maintain high levels of behaviour and engagement in learning and encouraging pupils to interact with others and engage in activities led by the teacher you will help to ensure the learners continue to achieve the previous high pass rates enjoyed by the school across all ages and curriculum areas.
- This role also includes a number of administrational tasks to support the teachers such as preparing learning materials and completing learning evidence as well as supporting learners on school trips and helping with guided reading.
- A genuine interest in working as a teaching assistant.
- Excellent communication skills
- A minimum grade C or equivalent in GCSE English, Maths and Science is essential – an A/S A Level or equivalent in one of the areas would be advantageous.
- Level 2 supporting Teaching and Learning
- ERR, Functional Skills English and Maths (where required)
Full training will be provided on an ongoing daily basis and when required. You will work towards a NVQ qualification. An assessor will be allocated to you to progress/help you through you course. Continual assessment for NVQ’s coupled with assignments/or exams depending on course of study. Time spent training will be part of the agreed contracted hours of the working week. There is no college attendance, coursework is delivered at the workplace.
Apprenticeship framework: Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools