On-Line Learning Assessors
Online Learning Assessors
Job Type: Freelance- you will be employed on a freelance basis to assess and tutor
Payment: Competitive rate per learner
Start Date: ASAP
Westminster Adult Education Services are looking for Tutor/Assessors with the capacity to deliver a range of vocational qualifications online. Based from home you will be responsible for a cohort of learners and will assess and provide robust written feedback on work submitted. Being able to manage caseloads and working to deadlines is essential. Good written communication is critical along with the ability to communicate requirements over the telephone. Working from home you will need to be able to access the online platform and ensure your good organisational skills support learners’ needs.
Applicants must be prepared to be registered self-employed with the tax office and payment will be on completed assessments on average £35 each.
Previous online assessing experience is desirable but not essential. Full training will be given and assessors are expected to work with their learners from enrolment to completion. This will include working through any resubmission work and chasing any late submissions.
It is essential that all applicants must hold a qualification in the subject they wish to assess higher than level 2. It is also essential to have had at least 3 years’ experience working in the field at a supervisory level or above.
- Awareness of Mental Health Problems
- Care Planning
- Common Health Conditions
- Dignity and Safeguarding in Adult Health and Social Care
- End of Life Care
- Principles of Prevention and Control of Infection
- Principles of Dementia Care
- Understanding Autism
- Understanding Behaviour that Challenges
- Understanding Nutrition and Health
- Understanding the Care and Management of Diabetes
- Understanding the Safe Handling of Medication
- Working with Mental Health Needs
- Falls Prevention Awareness
- Information, Advice or Guidance
- Certificate in Understanding Children and Young People's Mental Health
- Certificate in Understanding Safeguarding and Prevent
- Certificate in Understanding Specific Learning Difficulties
If you are interested in applying for these positions, you must send a supporting statement which should reflect the Job Description, along with your CV and your recent CPD record to the HR Department email@example.com
If you do not submit all these documents, then your application will not be considered.
Please note, previous applicants need not apply for this post.
Please quote reference number: ED/WAES/803
Closing date: 12pm Friday 25 May 2018