The College wishes to employ more Invigilators to supervise public examinations during busy exam periods. The hours to be worked will vary from week to week and will be of necessity conditional on the need for invigilators during exam periods. There may be times when no work is available and the College has no duty to provide invigilators with any work at such times. The College will try to give as much notice as possible of any hours when invigilators are required to work.
- The post involves invigilating – starting, supervising, ending – public examinations at the College to the published national standards.
- Examinations can last from between one and four hours and although the particular duties and length of invigilation will vary from examination to examination, it normally involves supervising examinations, either singly or with other invigilators, for periods of up to three hours with short breaks.
- No other work – reading, writing etc -can be undertaken while invigilating.
- For morning examinations the persons appointed would be expected to be at the College by 8.30 am and for afternoon examinations by 1.00 pm. End times will depend on the length of examination being supervised.
- Invigilators are required throughout the year but the peak periods are in Nov, Dec, Jan, May and June.
Applications are invited at any time. The vacancy will close once suitable appointments have been made.
The college is committed to equality of opportunity and to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.