Apprentice Engineer - Quality Control (L3)
Employer: Bolt & Nut Manufacturing Ltd
Apprenticeship level: Intermediate
Apprenticeship duration: 24 months
Possible start date: 31st May 2018
Working week: Monday to Friday 8.00am - 4.30pm, 30 mins lunch break, 40 hours per week
A fantastic opportunity is now available for an Apprentice Engineer to work for a manufacturing company based in Coseley. Specialising in the manufacture and supply of high integrity special fasteners and petrochemical grade bolting to the following Industry Sectors: Oil and Gas Petrochemical Power Generation Nuclear Mining.
- Thread checking
- Identifying materials
- Hardness testing
- Dimensional reporting
- Reading & understanding engineering drawings
- Organisational skills
- Attention to detail
- Good communication skills
- Good practical co-ordination
- Patience for intricate processes
- Work well on their own and in a team
- Will have the desire and ambition to listen, learn and progress
- Good time keeping and reliability
- This apprenticeship is suitable for applicants who have GCSE grades A*-C, (4-9), or equivalent within maths and English.
- However, applicants with lower grades are invited to apply as motivation and the willingness to learn and succeed will be recognised by the company. The company will support additional learning if required.
Engineering – Technical Support Apprenticeship.
Full training will be provided on an ongoing daily basis and when required. You will be required to attend college premises 1 day a week working towards the Technical Support qualification. An assessor will be allocated to you to progress/help you through you course. Continual assessment for NVQ’s coupled with assignments/or exams depending on course of study. Time spent training will be part of the agreed contracted hours of the working week.
In addition, you will report to the Manager of each Department who will ensure you receive full training.
Apprenticeship framework: Engineering Manufacture