Curriculum Manager for BTEC
Start date: July/August (flexible)
David Game College is an independent sixth form in the City of London offering A level and GCSE courses. Established in 1974 the College has recently been judged by Ofsted as Outstanding in all areas. We are expanding our curriculum to include BTEC level 3 courses and are looking to appoint a Curriculum Manager for BTEC to be in place for the academic year 2018/19.
This is an exciting opportunity to lead a new area of the College. After setting up the BTEC curriculum you will oversee the work of a team of staff and manage the learning of students taking courses in Level 3 BTEC. One of the BTEC programmes offered will be in your subject area. The areas we are considering are Applied Science, Health and Social Care; Digital Media and Business. You should be passionate about education and supporting the achievement of young people. You should set high standards for yourself and others, and have produced excellent results in your subject.
If you have a successful track record in this curriculum area and are keen to develop your career in a post-16 environment, we would very much welcome your application.
David Game College is a high achieving and successful college and is looking for an excellent teacher to lead this new curriculum area.
- have a passion for teaching and learning
- be an innovative and strategic thinker with vision and ideas
- be an excellent practitioner
- lead by example and act as a strong role model to students
- have a positive, can do attitude with staff and students
- be able to demonstrate excellent leadership and management skills
- have a proven track record of achieving outstanding student attainment through own practice
- be an effective team player and value every aspect of the life of the school
- have effective interpersonal skills with the ability to inspire students and staff
- be an active learner, who constantly strives to improve, with the desire to progress
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- deliver a flexible and innovative curriculum that is responsive to feedback from current learners and anticipates likely changes in demand from future learners
- deliver excellent standards of teaching and learning across all areas within the curriculum area
- undertake the day-to-day co-ordination of staff within the course team so that the College can achieve its overall objective of being excellent in all areas
Required Skills and Experience:
- have a first degree (or appropriate alternative for the subject area) in a relevant discipline
- preferably you will have a teaching qualification, assessor and verifier awards and will have in-depth knowledge of delivering BTEC vocational qualifications
David Game College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All positions are subject to enhanced DBS check and are exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act.
As an equal opportunities employer, we welcome applications from all sectors of the community.
How to apply
Please follow the link to our website.
Interviews will be in June (date to be decided)