Trainer - Railtrack (HMP Hindley)
- Full Time
Looking for a career where you can change lives?
For more than two decades, Novus has been delivering education, training and employment opportunities to adults and young people in UK prisons.
Over the years we have built a reputation as an innovator in the fight to reduce re-offending rates by transforming people's lives through learning and skills.
We have a great opportunity at HMP Pentonville to join the education team as a Railtrack Trainer on a permanent, full-time (37 hours per week) basis.
The purpose of this role is to deliver high quality, learner focused vocational training to meet contractual requirements and Awarding Body standards. To do this successfully you'll need to:
- Have experience in your vocational specialism working in Railway Track Engineering.
- Hold at least a Level 3 qualification in Training and Education and a Level 3 in Work Place assessments.
- Hold or be willing to gain TAQA qualifications.
- Experience in the delivery of Training/Assessing Railway Track Maintenance NVQ's and relevant experience.
- Hold Operational Competence in the knowledge of railway hand tools and portable powered equipment.
- NSAR (National skills Academy Rail) Skills backbone registered is desirable.
Applicants must demonstrate in their application their ability to meet the key responsibilities, key result areas and Qualifications/Skills and Experience detailed within the role profile.
Novus is an equal opportunities employer welcoming applications from all sections of the community. All roles are subject to job evaluation.