Enrichment Worker x 2 (Rainsbrook Secure Training Centre)
Looking for a career where you can change lives?
For more than two decades, Novus has been delivering education, training and employment opportunities to adults and young people in UK prisons.
Over the years we have built a reputation as an innovator in the fight to reduce re-offending rates by transforming people's lives through learning and skills.
We have two great opportunities at Rainsbrook Secure Training Centre to join the education team as our Enrichment Workers on a permanent part-time (25 hours per week annualised over 46 weeks per year) basis. The purpose of the role is to provide sessions to small groups, which contribute to a high quality and varied enrichment curriculum for children and young people to help support personal, social and educational growth through a range of activities.
The role will involve supporting young people with a range of activities including crafts, music and sports which will provide interesting/challenging/developmental opportunities for children and young People to stimulate minds and encourage confidence building and improved social skills. This is a challenging but rewarding role and we need someone who is flexible and resilient, with the ability to encourage, engage and motivate, to help give children and young people a brighter future.
In order to do this successfully you'll need to have:
- Sound literacy and numeracy skills - usually defined as Level 2 or above, i.e. GCSE level.
- Experience of working with children and young people, either in a professional capacity or personally as a parent themselves.
- Experience of working with those presenting challenging behaviour and with a range of abilities.
- Advantageous if you are qualified to deliver Duke of Edinburgh.
- Delivered creative and leisure programmes such as: sports or arts and crafts or drama or dance etc.
Applicants must demonstrate in their application their ability to meet the key responsibilities, key result areas and Qualifications/Skills and Experience detailed within the role profile.
Novus is an equal opportunities employer welcoming applications from all sections of the community. All roles are subject to job evaluation.