Tube Laser Operative Apprentice (L3)
Employer: Kloeckner Metals UK Ltd
Apprenticeship level: Advanced
Apprenticeship duration: 30 months
Possible start date: 1st June 2018
Working week: Various shifts Monday to Friday, carried out between 6.00am - 2.00pm and 2.00pm - 10pm, 37.5 hours per week
You will learn to operate the Laser Machine or an appropriate scheduled activity e.g. picking, sawing, loading, basic maintenance, TPM, 5S, or any other duties as directed. This may involve moving to another areas, machine centre, or location. All activities must be carried out in accordance with EHS, Quality & safe working practices.
- Set up tools on the Laser Machine
- Select, inspect and load component material
- Carry out processing of material
- Carry out and record finished goods inspections as specified
- Identify programming and set up errors
- Work with managers and supervisors to implement the companies policies and business objectives
- Make a positive contribution to maintaining a workplace that is healthy, safe, neat & tidy
- Carry out continuous improvement, 5S and total production maintenance activities
- Carry out other reasonable duties as required by the production supervisor
- Exhibit initiative and enthusiasm.
- Will have a positive approach to tasks, opportunities and problems.
- Operates with discretion, confidentiality and professionalism.
- GCSE’s A-C in English and maths (or equivalent Functional Skills Level 2) is desired but not compulsory.
- An engineering qualification (up to Level 2, either currently studying or gained through previous study) or experience of using Engineering Machinery
NVQ Level 3 - Mechanical manufacturing Engineering (Mechanical pathway 3):
- A competence based qualification i.e. NVQ/QCF.
- A knowledge based qualification i.e. Technical Certificate.
- Functional Skills Level 2 English, Maths, and ICT
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities
- Personal Learning and Thinking skills
- Full in company training on all practical and technical aspects of the job role to include:
- Company Induction
- Heath & Safety Training
- Ongoing Professional Development
Apprenticeship framework: Engineering Manufacture