Director of Higher Education
Location: University Campus
37 hours per week
We are currently recruiting to the post of Director of Higher Education at B&FC. If you thrive in a dynamic and forward-thinking business, where new ideas and innovation are supported and encouraged, and you have the skills, experience and knowledge we seek, then we would be keen to hear from you.
- Provide outstanding higher education leadership, further cementing B&FC’s position as one of the leading providers of college based higher education nationally.
- Develop and deliver a HE Strategy aligned to B&FC’s vision, values and mission.
- Ensure that academic standards are set and maintained across all HE provision through a culture of continuous improvement, accountability and excellence.
- Lead the identification of opportunities to enhance the student experience, driving ongoing improvement in student outcomes.
- Provide leadership for high quality learning and teaching in liaison with the Director of Quality and Standards, within a strong culture of scholarly research.
- Manage the continuing development of the HE academic community through events such as the Research Symposium and the Learning & Teaching Conference and through the Scholarship Review publication, the scholarNet social scholarship website and the College’s internal Scholarship and Research Development Scheme.
Standard Responsibilities for all positions in B&FC:
- To fully adhere to all college policies and procedures.
- Take appropriate responsibility to ensure the health and safety of self and others.
- Pursue the achievement and integration of equality and diversity throughout all College activities.
- Blackpool and The Fylde College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. We expect all staff to share this commitment.
- To show commitment to the College and its internal and external customers.
- To work co-operatively with colleagues at all times.
- Undertake any other tasks and responsibilities appropriate to the level of this post.
For further information on this post please read the candidate pack.
To apply please submit a B&FC application form, an up to date CV and a covering letter explaining how you meet the essential and desirable criteria.
Closing date: 25th May 2018, 4pm.
Interview date: 7th June 2018.