Widening Participation Outreach Officer
18.5 hours per week
Location: Bispham Campus
Come and make a difference at B&FC as the Outreach and Widening Participation Officer. This is an exciting opportunity to join a high performing and fast paced team making a difference in the lives of our local community and the wider county by raising awareness through engagement activities of the benefits of studying higher education. As part of the team you will be responsible for working on specific projects to help widen access and raise participation into higher education through delivering outreach activities and developing exciting new initiatives.
- Develop and maintain reports in line with future U requirements
- Receive and record data on B&FC students
- Produce reports when requested by academic management team on the current and future position of data through UCAS
- Work alongside admissions team and careers team to identify applicants
- Develop activities with the future U adviser for Blackpool and Fleetwood ensuring B&FC is central to engagement
- Design, develop and implement a range of outreach activities for local community and employers to raise awareness of B&FC and increase recruitment
- Participate in the College’s staff development review scheme and to undertake training based on individual and service needs
- Have the ability to work some evenings and/or occasional weekends
Standard repsonsibilities for all positions in B&FC:
- To fully adhere to all college policies and procedures.
- Take appropriate responsibility to ensure the health and safety of self and others.
- Pursue the achievement and integration of equality and diversity throughout all College activities.
- Blackpool and The Fylde College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. We expect all staff to share this commitment.
- To show commitment to the College and its internal and external customers.
- To work co-operatively with colleagues at all times.
- Undertake any other tasks and responsibilities appropriate to the level of this post.