Roof Tiling and Slating Apprentice (L2)
Employer: RS Miller (Roofing) Ltd
Apprenticeship level: Intermediate
Apprenticeship duration: 2 years
Possible start date: 7th May 2018
Working week: 38 hours per week
Monday to Thursday 7.30am - 4.00pm
Friday 7.30am - 3.00pm
- All aspects of pitched roof tiling and slating including some lead works
- Working at height
- Carrying tiles
- Lifting/moving tiles
- Footing ladders
- Aspects of Health and Safety awareness
- Following site rules
- A head for heights
- Reasonable level of fitness is essential.
- Work well in a team environment
- Well presented
- Courteous at all times.
- Not essential to have GCSEs but a good grasp of basic Maths and English is required.
You will be trained on site alongside your usual duties and you will be expected to attend college one day a week at Dudley College of Technology at CAT Centre, Waterfront Business Park, Brierley Hill, DY5 1LX
You will work towards achieving a Level 2 apprenticeship in Roofing, including work based and knowledge components, an Employee Rights and Responsibilities Qualification, Personal Learning and Thinking Skills (PLTS) and if required Functional Skills.
Apprenticeship framework: Construction Building