Medical Secretary Apprentice (L2)
Employer: Hawes Lane Surgery
Apprenticeship level: Intermediate
Apprenticeship duration: 12 months
Possible start date: 7th May 2018
Working week: Monday to Friday between the hours of 8.00am - 6.30pm, 37 hours per week
A fantastic opportunity for someone to work alongside Hawes Lane Surgery in gaining a Business Administration qualification.
- Support Clinical staff by screening and sorting mail, documents, and telephone calls
- Schedule patient appointments and arranging referrals, transcribing dictation
- Arrange referrals to other health care providers, scheduling appointments for consultations, x-rays, lab tests, physical therapy, MRI's, CT scans, etc.
- Produce information by transcribing dictation, preparing medical reports and summaries, patient histories, operative notes, manuscripts and correspondence
- Maintain patient confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
- The ideal candidate will be able to communicate well via telephone and through face to face conversations
- Computer literate
- Personable skills
- Will be able and happy to work as part of a team
- Friendly and calm disposition
- Willing to learn
- GCSE or equivalent English and Mathematics A-D Grade essential
- GCSE or equivalent English and Mathematics A-C desirable
Full Induction, all mandatory Training will be provided plus any relevant external and internal Training will be provided and funded by the Practice.
- Working towards gaining a Business Administration Level 2 qualification
- Functional Skills if necessary
Apprenticeship framework: Business and Administration