IT Support Apprentice (L2)
Employer: Fletcher Associates Ltd
Apprenticeship level: Intermediate
Apprenticeship duration: 12 months
Possible start date: 30th April 2018
Working week: Monday to Friday 8.00am - 5.00pm, 1 hour lunch break, 28 days holiday, 40 hours per week
We are seeking someone to join a multiskilled team of professionals to provide business support to small and medium size enterprises around the country. The successful applicant will join the team that supports and develops our SharePoint site which allows our clients to view the data we produce for them.
The successful individual would be required to multiskill, spending time in each area of the business to gain an understanding of our clients’ requirements.
The successful individual would also be expected to undertake training additional to that supplied by the college, both internally within the business and on various external courses.
The company has a programme of team building events which take place over a weekend 2 or 3 times a year and the successful individual would be expected to attend these.
- Maintaining an up to date inventory of ICT equipment, and ensure cleanliness of equipment.
- Routine administration tasks including checking backups, creating users and resetting passwords.
- Maintaining stocks of spare parts and consumable items, including printer consumables.
- Developing and improving system performance and functionality as required
- Maintaining internal IT systems in line with the Data Protection Act and internal policies and procedures
- A good telephone manner
- An understanding of what is required to provide a good customer service.
- A good understanding of Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Good use of English and ability to produce documentation to a high standard.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a small team.
- Establishing good working relations with work colleagues and clients.
- Ability to react calmly and effectively in stressful situations
- The ability to follow current procedures and policies
- A ‘can do’ attitude.
- A confident individual who is motivated and looking for a long term career with promotion opportunities. Somebody who is willing to learn, thrives on improving their skills, a positive outlook and looks to exceed standards.
- Friendly, polite, eager to help, honest, trustworthy
- 5 GCSEs graded A-C including English Language and Maths or equivalent.
This Apprenticeship consists of three elements which combine to make up this level 2 framework, these are:
- A Technical Certificate to develop and expand the knowledge you require for your job role. For this apprenticeship this is the Level 2 Award in ICT Systems and Principles.
- A Competence qualification which focuses on the practical aspects of your role. For this apprenticeship this is the Level 2 Diploma in Professional Competence for IT & Telecoms Professionals.
- Functional Skills to develop your maths, English and Information Communication Technology (ICT) skills further if required. For this apprenticeship these are Mathematics Level 1, English Level 1and ICT Level 1.
You will attend Dudley College of Technology one day per week during term time.
Apprenticeship framework: IT, Software, Web and Telecoms Professionals