Finance/Visa Admin Officer
Role Title: Finance/Visa Admin Officer
Location: Bellerbys College Brighton
Job Type: Fixed Term
Bellerbys Brighton is a co-educational international college which specialises in providing a high quality British Education for predominantly international students from over 60 different countries around the world and preparing them for university. Our highly motivated students benefit from our state of the art facilities and small class sizes within a unique and vibrant educational environment. We offer a wide variety of courses including English Language Preparation, IELTS, GCSEs, A levels as well as our own Foundation programme, which is a pre-university course accredited by Lancaster University.
Bellerbys College is owned by Study Group, a global educational organisation which prepares students for life in a global society and success in the world economy.
We are seeking to appoint a full time Finance/Visa Admin Officer (six month fixed term) to provide administrative support to the Finance and Visa team.
This person will be responsible for:
- Deliver a friendly, efficient and professional customer service to students, agents and parents.
- Carry out routine financial tasks, complete spreadsheets and maintain up to date financial information.
- Assist Finance Manager with fee collection and credit control; contact students and parents so that outstanding debt can be collected; maintain up to date spreadsheets to reflect income and level of debt.
- Take payments from students; print statements, check deposit request forms at end of term and action payment.
- Prepare and send out enrolment letters, invoices, instalment reminders and statements to students, parents and agents.
- Keep Study Global financial system up to date; make changes to reflect bookings, payments, in- centre book sales, exam payments, credit deposits and arrange / record refunds by cash or cheque.
- Answer general financial queries from students, parents or agents. Assist Finance Manager with financial and general admin projects as required.
- Assist with visa extensions, chase students whose visas/ Passport are due to expire and book UKVI appointments for students. Upload and check new intake's visas
- Liaise with academic programme /IAC staff RE: UK visas/course changes/accommodation; Assisting Post-arrival admissions, arrange centre transfers between other Studygroup centres and Brighton.
- CAS issuing and visa advice for progressing student within Bellerbys only; Contact point for students, agents, and parents regarding accounts or visa matters via email, telephone, or face-to-face
- To carry out any other reasonable duties required by senior management
The successful applicant must have the following personal qualities:
- Excellent communication oral, written, numerical, articulation and communication skills
- Good IT skills – Microsoft Office Suite( e.g. Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Good organisational skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work to a demanding schedule and delivery deadlines.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Work experience or qualification in the fields of Customer services; Finance; Education
- A-Level English & Mathematics
Certified at enhanced DBS level (check undertaken prior to employment)
The deadline for applications is Monday 23rd April.
If you would like to apply for this role, please send your CV and application form to Dawn Calway via the Apply link.
The college is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our students and the appointment will be subject to both the receipt of satisfactory references and an enhanced DBS check.
Apply for Finance/Visa Admin Officer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly