Teacher of Business and Economics
4 days left
- Part Time
Role title: Teacher of Business and Economics
Location: London Bellerbys
Hours/Contract: Permanant / Part-Time, 4 days per week
The role is to teach Business and Economics modules/courses, possibly including iGCSE, A level and Foundation programme.
We are seeking a talented person who will have a passion for their subjects. They need to be proactive in holding themselves and others to the highest standards.
- Promoting and safeguarding the welfare of students for who you are responsible for and with whom you come into contact.
Teaching and learning: Delivery of lessons
- Ensure subject knowledge is up-to-date and sufficient to meet the academic and assessment needs of all students in assigned classes
- Deliver programmes in accordance with the curriculum and with college curriculum policies and schemes of work, ensuring that schemes are updated and adapted throughout programme delivery to reflect the progress and evolving needs of students
- Develop an understanding of the needs and abilities of assigned classes/students and plan accordingly the provision and delivery of teaching and learning activities to meet needs and challenge students appropriately
- Employ a diverse range of teaching and learning practices that motivate, engage, challenge and inspire students to fulfil their individual academic potential
- Fully utilise available technological and other resources to support or enhance classroom and homework activities
- Manage student behaviour in the classroom, including the application of procedures in accordance with behaviour and discipline policies, where needed.
Teaching and learning: Student progress
- Ensure that students understand the learning objectives of their programme and of each individual teaching and learning activity
- Ensure that students can accurately define criteria for measuring their own academic progress and success
- Provide meaningful, constructive and motivating feedback to students in accordance with the relevant assessment policies and procedures
- Record and/or monitor the attendance, academic progress and welfare of students in assigned classes/tutor groups and report or manage concerns in accordance with Bellerbys College academic and welfare policies and procedures.
Teaching and learning: Supporting students
- Provide support to students who have additional/special educational needs or disability, to help them to reach their academic potential
- Provide opportunities within class time, through homework and trips/visits for students to develop and practice English language skills and enrich their subject learning
- Foster in students a responsible and self-motivated approach to their learning to support their progress towards becoming independent learners with the skills to thrive in a higher education environment
- Support the spiritual, moral, social and cultural development of all students with whom you come into contact
- Advise and support students regarding their progression to university or to their next programme of study, in line with the progress management and progression policies.
- Be familiar with, uphold and implement the academic and welfare values, principles, policies and procedures of Bellerbys College
- Create a positive and safe learning environment that engenders mutual respect and embraces diversity
- Work with all students and colleagues from a standpoint of equality, understanding and tolerance
- Ensure that conduct and appearance are professional and respectful at all times
- Actively contribute to the wider life of the college, for example, through involvement with extra-curricular activities or academic development initiatives
- Attend internal management meetings, as requested
- Continuously evaluate your own performance as a teacher, take responsibility for your own professional development, and engage with opportunities provided by the college for continuing professional development (CPD) and other training
- Undertake mandatory training, during induction and throughout your time at Bellerbys College, in accordance with the relevant policies and procedures
- Actively contribute towards college self-evaluation practices
- Support and work together with colleagues, sharing best-practice, for mutual benefit and the advantage of students.
- Subject teachers who also have a role as a personal tutor should be referred to the specific additional job description for that role.
Study Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students, and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same commitment.
Please apply with completed application form via the apply link.
Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the role, including checks with past employers, an Enhanced Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and overseas criminal records checks if appropriate.
Interviews will take place week commencing 7th May.
Apply for Teacher of Business and Economics
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly