Chartered Management Institute Lecturer
1 day left
- Part Time
Business, Management and Computing
Business, Management, Computing and Leisure
Subject Leader in Management
HOURS OF WORK
Purpose of Post
To prepare and deliver a first class learning experience to learners.
- Prepare suitable learning and teaching materials for the delivery of courses.
- Teach course contents, using a range of delivery modes as appropriate, eg classroom-based, tutorial, outreach, open/distance learning, and short course modules.
- Plan delivery mechanisms and oversee the delivery of units and modules, including where appropriate, the oversight of part-time staff primarily engaged in teaching and assessment without significant involvement in other professional duties.
- Mark/assess student progress, examinations and assignments, ensuring student results are recorded accurately and on time.
- Lead course teams as appropriate.
- Undertake personal academic tutor responsibilities, eg provide guidance and support to students in relating to welfare issues and academic counselling.
- Comply with the College’s internal verification procedures.
- Carry out administrative duties regarding enrolments, student induction, course delivery and student records, making full use of available support.
- Contribute to curriculum development activities, including: assisting with the identification of customer requirements, the modification and evaluation of courses, and the planning and design of curricular activities.
- Participate in research and consultancy activities.
- Ensure that health and safety requirements are met.
- Assist with the care and maintenance of College equipment and premises.
- In line with the College’s commitments to staff development, participate in training courses and other staff development activities, as required.
- Update skills as required to meet curricular needs.
This job description does not present an exhaustive list of duties and the post holder is required to undertake other activities as reasonably instructed commensurate with the role and level of responsibility in fulfilment of the purpose of the post.
The post holder reports to the Subject Leader, Management.
Terms and Conditions
This post is governed by academic terms and conditions, which are subject to collective bargaining processes.
Equality and Diversity
The post holder is expected to be familiar with and to comply with the terms of the College’s Equal Opportunities Strategy and associated schemes.
Health and Safety
The post holder is expected to be familiar with and to comply with the terms of the College’s policies and procedures ensuring the health, safety and well-being of staff, students and visitors.
There are no identified specific health and safety risks or training needs associated with this post.
Protecting Vulnerable Groups/Disclosure Check
This post undertakes regulated work with children and a Protecting Vulnerable Groups (PVG) Scheme check is required. A check will be made against the list of those barred from working with children.