37.5 hours per week
Bellerbys College Brighton
Bellerbys Brighton is a co-educational international college which specialises in providing a high quality British Education for predominantly international students from over 60 different countries around the world and preparing them for university. Our highly motivated students benefit from our state of the art facilities and small class sizes within a unique and vibrant educational environment. We offer a wide variety of courses including English Language Preparation, IELTS, GCSEs, A levels as well as our own Foundation programme, which is a pre-university course accredited by Lancaster University. Bellerbys College is owned by Study Group, a global educational organisation which prepares students for life in a global society and success in the world economy.
We are seeking to appoint a full time Welfare Officer/Manager to provide support and guidance to students by removing barriers to learning in order to promote effective participation, enhance individual learning, raise aspirations and help students achieve their potential.
This person will be responsible for:
- Working as part of a team who provides specialist welfare support, in order to removebarriers to learning.
- To carry and manage a case load of students and offer support to individual studentsthroughout the college.
- To develop and maintain effective and supportive relationships with students.
- To provide a complementary service throughout the college that enhances and extends existing welfare provision
- To work within an extended range of networks and partnerships to broker support and learning opportunities and improve the quality of services to all students.
- To be a key point of contact for safeguarding issues.
The successful applicant must have the following personal qualities:
- The ability to build positive relationships with students and staff across the college.
- A positive and can do attitude.
- Excellent communication and organisational skills.
The deadline for applications is 18th April.
If you would like to apply for this role, please email a copy of your CV and application form via the Apply link.
The college is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our students and the appointment will be subject to both the receipt of satisfactory references and an enhanced DBS check.