Electrical Installation Lecturer
Continually striving for excellence and a strong Grade 2 College, Wigan & Leigh College is well underway on its journey to become Outstanding. With over 6,500 students and a turnover of £26m, the College is in a strong position to continue to move forward and grow.
The College has distinct ambitions to expand its choice of programmes and services to meet the needs of the local community and support the economic transformation of Wigan and surrounding areas.
The College has created a community that encourages all students to enhance their learning through wider opportunities and support services; to maximise their achievements and secure progression onto further study and employment.
- Are you an individual who wants to work for a College with an excellent local reputation and ambitious ideas?
- Do you want to see students’ progress from Level 2 to Level 3 then into an exciting career within Electrical Installation?
- Are you an experienced Electrical Installation Lecturer who is ready for a new challenge?
- Are you passionate about your trade, energetic with the enthusiasm to develop future electricians?
- Do you want to swap a site for a workshop teaching environment?
If you have answered ‘yes’ to any of the above, we want to hear from you.
This is an excellent opportunity to join an experienced and supportive team of staff to deliver City & Guilds Electrical Installation qualifications to both full-time students and apprentices. You will have the ability to deliver general installation work, inspection and test of installations, possess current industry health and safety understanding and have excellent communication skills.
The College welcomes applications from teachers and experienced industry professionals and will support applicants in gaining a recognised teaching qualification is required.
In return for your expertise, we offer an excellent benefits package including 40 days annual leave entitlement (in addition to statutory bank holidays), access to the Teacher Pension Scheme, family-friendly policies and many opportunities to train and develop.
The College reserves the right to interview for this post should we receive suitable candidates prior to the closing date.
The successful candidate will be required to apply for a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) Enhanced check.