Apprentice CAD Design / Estimator (L3)
Employer: Dalvie Storage Systems Ltd
Apprenticeship level: Advanced
Apprenticeship duration: 2 years
Possible start date: 1st June 2018
Working week: Monday to Friday 9.00am - 5.00pm, 35 hours per week
Dalvie Storage Systems Ltd are looking for an Apprentice CAD Design/Estimator to join their growing team in Pendeford.
- CAD design following client specification
- Dealing with clients
- Using word/Excel for internal and external comms
- Answer the phone
- Visit sites to conduct surveys
- Some previous work experience (including part time work) would be required.
- The ideal client would have experience of using AutoCAD or similar Computer Aided Design software.
- A good knowledge of Microsoft Windows especially using word and Excel spreadsheets.
- Attention to detail
- Good telephone manner
- Good grammar skills for email and quotations
- Working well within a team.
- Minimum 5 GCSE’s A-C (or equivalent) which must include Maths, English and IT
Full training will be provided on an ongoing daily basis and when required. You will be required to attend college premises 1 day a week working towards a Level 3 Built Environment and Design qualification. An assessor will be allocated to you to progress/help you through you course. Continual assessments coupled with assignments/or exams depending on course of study. Time spent training will be part of the agreed contracted hours of the working week.
Dalvie Systems will train the successful applicant in house. As well as training on how to work to our paperwork systems (ISO 9001 standard) the candidate will also be trained regarding Health and Safety in the office and on site.
Estimating training (providing quotations to clients) will also be provided.
Apprenticeship framework: Construction Technical and Professional