Apprentice Learning Mentor
30 hours per week
Term time only
We want to build a team of ambitious, committed and passionate people to support students’ learning at Worthing College. This opportunity for employment will provide excellent experience for anyone considering a career in education. Apprentices will have the opportunity to gain nationally recognised qualifications which support possible progression to –
- A foundation degree e.g. for teaching assistants or supporting teaching and learning.
- Training and/or assessment against the Higher Level Teaching Assistant (HLTA) professional standards to achieve HLTA status.
- Level 4 qualifications in a relevant area.
- Those able to meet the initial teacher training entry requirements can go onto achieve Qualified Teacher Status (QTS)
Learning Mentor Apprentices will complete the requirements of the Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools Level 3 apprenticeship framework and may be deployed to support -
- Students in their transition from school to college.
- Success on Level 2 courses (both GCSE and BTEC) through;
- One to one learning support.
- Small group learning support.
- In class learning.
- Development of independent learning habits.
- Success on Level 3 courses.
- Learning zone and Learning Resources Centre activity.
- Enhancing enrichment opportunities to support learning.
- Upgrade centre provision.
- Internal progression.
- Support Students within the Library on a timetabled basis, this could include front of house duties.