Practice Apprentice/Trainee (L2)
Employer: Lower Gornal Medical Practice
Apprenticeship level: Intermediate
Apprenticeship duration: 12 months
Possible start date: 7th May 2018
Working week: Monday to Friday (occasional Saturday mornings), 37.5 hours per week
We are looking for a person to become our Practice Trainee, and to gain experience and skills in, Medical Reception work and general Practice administration.
- Answering telephone calls including emergency calls and dealing with the requirements of callers in a friendly, calm and efficient manner
- Greeting patients and other visitors and ensuring that they receive the services they need and are kept informed appropriately.
- Communicating information appropriately, accurately and promptly, whilst ensuring that patient confidentiality is maintained.
- Retrieving and filing patient hard copy records at the request of a clinician.
- Telephoning patients and health professionals.
- Ensuring patient confidentiality at all times.
- Responsibility for the tidiness and stocking of reception to ensure that sufficient forms and other consumables are available for patients and clinicians.
- Passing on information to others in an accurate and timely fashion
- Entering data on to medical notes
- Generating prescriptions
- Handling the NHS internal courier post - opening, distributing and preparing the outgoing post.
- Receiving deliveries and items handed in by patients.
- Security of prescriptions, issuing and storage.
- Making appointments for patients via the practice’s own clinical system for health care professionals
- Make appointments for patients requiring referrals using the Choose and Book system
- Scanning correspondence and results into patients electronic medical records
- Any necessary domestic duties
- Any other duties which are commensurate with the role and which may be required from time to time.
- See qualifications.
- A high standard of personal presentation.
- GCSE A-D in Maths & English may be preferable but not essential.
The Practice will provide on the job training and experience based in the Medical Secretaries and Information Services Section, as well as an opportunity to attend specialist primary care courses as appropriate. Training will also be given in Practice Reception work under the guidance of the Senior Receptionist, Information Services Supervisor and the team of trained Receptionists.
Apprenticeship framework: Business and Administration