Bid and Proposal Manager
Location: Bispham Campus
37 hours per week
B&FC are looking to recruit someone who passionate about business with proven capability in delivering winning, multi-million pound product or complex services opportunities. This person will have proven experience in solutions and services and experience of bid campaign management from opportunity identification through to project delivery. The Bid and Proposal Manager will provide valuable input into opportunity qualification, win strategies, commercial discussions and solution design that will positively impact revenue.
- To scan the environment and undertake research to identify relevant project / bid opportunities for B&FC
- To manage the bid qualification process for new opportunities, bid / no bid, and maintain a current register of all bidding opportunities
- To develop and write bids under open and competitive tendering procedures
- To liaise effectively with colleagues across B&FC to ensure they are aware of relevant funding opportunities and therefore maximise successful opportunities
- To develop effective working relationships with other providers and agencies to improve the chances of winning bids
- For winning bids, write project handover plans both for (a) the delivery team (b) MIF who monitor the contract and take responsibility for the audit processes
- To meet or exceed agreed income and margin targets
- To have oversight of audit processes relevant to the different funding streams and include in the project handover plans to MIF
- To represent B&FC as appropriate
Duties of all Managers
- To support the College in its corporate endeavors and the achievement of its mission and strategic plan.
- To contribute to an annual self-assessment exercise in order to monitor and evaluate performance.
- To lead by example and provide a visible demonstration of the Leadership and Management Charter.
- To establish and secure quality improvement.
- To assist in the recruitment and selection process and be responsible for the development and annual performance review of relevant staff.
- To manage resources effectively and efficiently to the high standards expected in the public services.
- To establish effective communication.
- To maintain and improve Health and Safety standards in the area of responsibility.
Standard responsibilities for all positions in B&FC
- To fully adhere to all college policies and procedures.
- Take appropriate responsibility to ensure the health and safety of self and others.
- Pursue the achievement and integration of equality and diversity throughout all College activities.
- Blackpool and The Fylde College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. We expect all staff to share this commitment.
- To show commitment to the College and its internal and external customers.
- To work co-operatively with colleagues at all times.
- Undertake any other tasks and responsibilities appropriate to the level of this post.
Closing date: 16th April 2018, 4pm.
Interview date: 23rd April 2018.