Apprentice Estimator (L3)
6 days left
- Full Time
Employer: TDR (Mechanical Services) Ltd
Apprenticeship level: Advanced
Apprenticeship duration: 2 years
Possible start date: 2nd April 2018
Working week: Monday to Friday 8.30am - 5.30pm, 1 hour lunch break, 40 hours per week
TDR would like to employee an apprentice to train up to be a fully qualified Contract Manger/Estimator for Commercial Building Services installation. This position would be more suitable for 18+ candidates due to nature of work and job role.
- General office work.
- Estimating, costing.
- Procurement of material/supervision of labour.
- Site supervision/monitoring progress.
- Health and safety on site.
- Negotiation of variation works and accounts with client.
- Final account preparation and settlement.
- Undertaking estimating.
- Tender evaluation.
- Project management and procurement.
- Some site work.
- Good communication skills
- Good standard of English/Maths
- Excellent time keeping and self-motivation.
- Motivated, Hard-working, mature attitude.
- Common sense.
- GCSE Grades A-C in both English and Maths or equivalent.
Shadowing Contract Manager and Estimator with on-the-job training.
Construction Contracting Operations Level 3 Estimating Pathway:
Full training will be provided on an ongoing daily basis and when required. You will be required to attend college premises 1 day a week working towards a NVQ qualification. An assessor will be allocated to you to progress/help you through you course. Continual assessment for NVQ’s coupled with assignments/or exams depending on course of study. Time spent training will be part of the agreed contracted hours of the working week.
Apprenticeship framework: Construction Technical and Professional