Business and Administration Apprentice (L2)
Employer: Fletcher Associates Ltd
Apprenticeship level: Intermediate
Apprenticeship duration: 12 months
Possible start date: 2nd April 2018
Working week: Monday to Friday 9.30am - 5.30am, 37 hours per week
You will work with your co-workers to carry out the various administrative and technical tasks required to complete our clients’ projects and to operate effectively, efficiently and profitably as required by the needs of the business.
- Manage incoming and outgoing phone calls, including message taking
- Participate in improving office processes
- General administrative and clerical support
- Prepare letters and documents as required
- Be aware of general office health and safety
- Tidy and maintain the working environment
- Have a positive work ethic and overall approach
- A good telephone manner with an understanding of what is required to provide a good customer service.
- Friendly, polite, eager to help, honest, trustworthy and a good understanding of Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Good use of English and ability to produce documentation to a high standard.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a small team
- Establishing good working relations with work colleagues and clients
- Ability to react calmly and effectively in stressful situations
- The ability to follow current procedures and policies
- A ‘can do’ attitude
- Looking for a long term career with promotion opportunities
- 5 GCSEs graded A-C including English Language and Maths or equivalent
You will complete a Level 2 Diploma in Business and Administration. This will be delivered by Assessors from Dudley College of Technology in the workplace during working hours.
You will be expected to undertake additional training some of which will be in your own time, and attend team building weekends normally 3 per year.
There may be an opportunity to complete a 10 week AutoCAD course, which would require attendance at Dudley College from 6pm to 9 pm one evening a week for the duration of the course.
Apprenticeship framework: Business and Administration