Hairdressing Apprenticeship (L2)
Employer: Arena Hairdressing
Apprenticeship level: Intermediate
Apprenticeship duration: 18 months
Possible start date: 3rd April 2018
Working week: Various working hours, shifts TBC, 30 hours per week
As part of your role in developing your skills you will be required to learn all aspects of becoming a hairdresser.
- Making drinks for clients
- Keeping the salon spotlessly clean at all times
- Answering the telephone & booking appointments
- Taking payments
- Shampooing and conditioning
- Learning how to blow dry and style hair
- Learning how to mix colours, how to do allergy tests before colouring hair
- Must be able to work well with others.
- Be likeable.
- Keen to learn.
- Look presentable.
- GCSE A-D in Maths and English or equivalent is required.
- Full training will be provided on an ongoing daily basis and when required.
- You will be required to attend college premises 1 day a week working towards a NVQ L2 Hairdressing qualification.
- An assessor will be allocated to you to progress/help you through you course.
- Continual assessment for NVQ’s coupled with assignments/or exams depending on course of study.
- Time spent training will be part of the agreed contracted hours of the working week.
Apprenticeship framework: Hairdressing