Teaching Assistant Apprentice x2 (L3)
Leeds City College is one of the UK’s largest FE establishments with around 1200 employees and over 35,000 students. Offering a diverse curriculum within a vibrant and multicultural learning environment, our goal is to deliver excellent and innovative education which supports and inspires every student to achieve their ambitions.
Level 3 Apprenticeship Pay Rates:
- 16-17 - £4.34 per hour (equivalent to £8,391 pa)
- 18-20 £5.90 per hour (equivalent to £11,382 pa)
- 21-24 £7.35 per hour (equivalent to £14,179 pa)
- 25+ £7.50 per hour (equivalent to £14,468 pa)
Want to work in an exciting college and become a fully qualified teaching assistant?
The Learning Resource Centres (LRCs) are hubs for learning outside the classroom. Students with a vast range of ages, abilities and goals use the LRCs each day to study. Our team support study skills, ICT, maths, and English both individually and in groups.
This level 3 apprenticeship would allow you to progress to working with school-age and young adults via study support in libraries/LRCs or as a teaching assistant within the classroom.
- Level 3 apprenticeship - working towards the full teaching assistant qualification, with the Level 3 Specialist Diploma in Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools.
- 16 months contract
- Based at various sites through the week but with a main base of Printworks Campus or Enfield Centre in Leeds.
- 37 hours per week with time given for study and course attendance.
- 27 days holiday plus public and bank holidays.
Employees of Leeds City College enjoy a wide range of benefits. To find out more about what we offer click on the following link: http://www.leedscitycollege.ac.uk/the-college/jobs-and-careers/benefits/
Leeds City College is committed to Equality of Opportunity (ensuring everyone is treated fairly) and safeguarding children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All successful applicants are required to complete an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Services (DBS) check as well as mandatory pre-employment checks which may also include checking social media profiles. We positively welcome applications from all sections of the community.