Test House Engineering Apprentice (L2)
1 day left
- Full Time
Employer: Southdown Materials Testing Ltd
Apprenticeship level: Intermediate
Apprenticeship duration: 12 months
Possible start date: 2nd April 2018
Working week: Monday to Friday 8.30am - 5.00pm, 40 hours per week
As Test House Engineering Apprentice at Southdown Material Testing Limited, you will assist the lead testing technician in the preparation of test pieces.
- Cutting supplied steel into test samples
- Following international standard guidelines
- Shadowing and covering experienced colleagues in the test house
- General housekeeping
- Learning the various procedures and tests with a view to progressing into these roles.
- Some engineering experience would be desirable.
- A desire for a career in engineering is essential.
- Attention to detail
- Analytical mind-set
- Not scared to ask questions
- GCSE grade D or above in English and Maths (or equivalent)
Performing Engineering Operations Apprenticeship.
Full training will be provided on an ongoing daily basis and when required. You will be required to attend college premises 1 day a week working towards a PEO qualification. An assessor will be allocated to you to progress/help you through you course. Continual assessment for NVQ’s coupled with assignments/or exams depending on course of study. Time spent training will be part of the agreed contracted hours of the working week.
Additional training will consist of:
- Introduction to international technical standards
- Training on the niche equipment used by a material tester
- Apprenticeship training
Apprenticeship framework: Improving Operational Performance