Apprentice Gymnastics Coach (L2)
Employer: R&D Loach
Apprenticeship level: Intermediate
Apprenticeship duration: 12 months
Possible start date: 26th March 2018
Working week: 30 hours per week
Ainsty Gymnastics and Trampoline Club are looking to recruit a Apprentice Junior Gymnastics Coach to work across various sites across York. The role will involve coaching Gymnastics, Trampoline, Parkour and Playgym.
The Intermediate Level 2 Apprenticeship in Activity Leadership is designed for those individuals who wish to gain both the knowledge and skills to effectively plan, deliver/lead and evaluate a series of activities.
Apprentices will be required the work at the following locations, so must have the ability to travel and access to transportation.
- Energise Leisure Centre in York YO24 3DX.
- Huntington School, YO32 9WT
- Vale of York Academy, YO30 6ZS
- York Steiner School, YO10 4PB
- Mount School, YO24 4DD
- Archbishop Holgates School, YO10 5ZA
- Millthorpe School, YO23
- Wetherby High School, LS22 6JS
- Scarcroft Primary, YO23 1WF
- Energi Trampoline Park, YO26 6RU
- To deliver the club’s coaching sessions to the level of your coaching qualification.
- To do the necessary preparation and set up prior to the session and liaise with other coaches as needed.
- To provide positive and fun sessions.
- To act as a positive role model and lead by example.
- To assist at competitions and club events, within the level of your coaching qualification.
- Good leadership skills and ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to communicate effectively with gymnasts, parents and other members of staff
- Ability to understand the learning process and training principles
- Knowledge of injury prevention - understanding how to reduce the risk of injury to gymnasts
- Good time management skills and punctuality
- Basic coaching experience is desirable but not essential, we do not expect you to be an expert but some experience will stand you in good stead, particularly experience working with children and young adults.
- Ability to motivate and assist gymnasts to develop new skills safely
- Enthusiastic and passionate - you will love sport and be interested in the business of sport and swimming.
- BG or other Gymnastics coaching awards, please specify in application.
- Safeguarding and Protecting Children awareness
- First Aid
- A Valid DBS certificate
Apprentices receive on the job training, working alongside professionals to gain relevant experience within the leisure industry. You will also have the opportunity to achieve nationally recognised qualifications and earn a weekly wage
You will be assigned a tutor who will visit you whilst at work and who will guide and support you through your apprenticeship. They will work closely with you and your manager to ensure you have all the necessary aids you require to complete your apprenticeship
Qualifications gained during this apprenticeship include:
- Level 2 NVQ Certificate in Activity Leadership
- Level 2 Award in Employment Awareness in Active Leisure and Learning
- Level 1 Certificate in Coaching Gymnastics
- Level 2 Certificate in Coaching Gymnastics
- Functional Skills in English and Maths (If required)
Apprenticeship framework: Activity Leadership