Apprentice Machinist (L3)
Employer: Jordham Industries Ltd
Apprenticeship level: Advanced
Apprenticeship duration: 3 years
Possible start date: 19th March 2018
Working week: 39 hours per week
Monday to Thursday 7.45am - 4.00pm
Friday 7.00am - 3.00pm
- Create patterns to information provided.
- Be trained to use and work using hand tools and manual operated machinery.
- Follow Instructions, produce precision Tooling, Jigs, Models and Fixtures.
- Be involved in setting and operating various types of CNC machines.
- Learn design tooling using 3D CAD and generating CNC programmes using CAM.
- Ultimately, it would be intended that the candidate learns all areas of the Design and manufacture of tools, patterns and fixtures.
- Aptitude for operating machinery
- Willing to learn
- Team player
- Good communicator
- Minimum of GCSEs or equivalent at Grade A* to C in both English & Maths
- A desire for a career in engineering is essential
For the ECMS Level 3 Machinist Apprenticeship:
Training will take place at Dudley College which will be 2 days a week in the first year then 1 day a week in the remaining 2 years.
Functional Skills will also be included as part of the learning programme at College.
In addition, assessors will visit learners at their workplace as part of their continual assessment.
Apprenticeship framework: Engineering > Engineering Technician