Lecturer in Trowel Trades – Bricklaying
Fixed term until 30th June 2018
We are seeking a self-motivated Lecturer in Bricklaying, to deliver training and assessment within our CAT Centre, our new Construction College Campus in Brierley Hill, Dudley. The role includes a variety of tasks to be undertaken including the lecturing, tutoring and assessing of and to a range of student levels and abilities, preparation of lessons, preparation of workshop areas and training resources, monitoring of student participation and attendance, and managing student behaviour.
You will need:
- Qualifications and experience relevant to your subject area
- A teaching qualification or the commitment to undertake training
- Experience of teaching and supporting young people is preferred
- A calm and flexible approach to dealing with challenging behaviour
- The ability to motivate our learners who may have become disaffected to achieve qualifications and fulfill their potential
A teaching qualification would be an advantage or a commitment to undertake this within the first year of employment is essential.
All successful applicants will need to undertake an enhanced disclosure and barring service check and children and adults barred list checks where the applicant will be employed in a regulated activity.
Dudley College of Technology is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applicants from all backgrounds, including disabled, and black and ethnic minority applicants.