Lecturer in Engineering (BTEC)
Have you a strong background in Engineering and a passion for sharing your knowledge and skills in this with others?
As a busy vocational College in the heart of Stockport we wish to recruit motivated individuals to deliver BTEC Level 3 Engineering to our diverse range of students.
Other Engineering courses offered at Stockport College include Level 1, 2 and 3 EAL courses including PEO, in addition to apprenticeships. A current knowledge of these specifications would be of benefit.
We expect all applicants to possess the following credentials:
- Level 3 or above Engineering qualification
- A teaching qualification
- Recent industry experience
- A passion for teaching
- Excellent communication skills
- Some experience of working with young people (desired)
- Ability to meet deadlines and prioritise effectively
- A commitment to education and innovative ways of delivering Engineering
- Level 2 or above in English and Maths
Stockport College offers a range of great benefits including:
- Competitive pension schemes
- Generous holiday entitlement
- Childcare Voucher scheme
- Free Parking
- Discounted Bike to Work scheme
- Discounted Travel to Work scheme
- Employee discount scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Great professional development opportunities including teacher induction programme and ongoing coaching to support develop your skills
We are particularly keen to reflect the diverse population of the College and welcome applications from suitably experienced individuals irrespective of racial origin, age, sex or disability.
This position is subject to an enhanced criminal records check from the Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) and will be subject to satisfactory clearance of this check.
This position is classed as Regulated Activity, and is subject to an Adult & Child barring check.
Please note previous applicants need not apply.
Closing Date: Wednesday 14th March 2018
Interview Date: TBC