Apprentice Maintenance Engineer (L2)
Employer: Brockmoor Foundry Co Ltd
Apprenticeship level: Intermediate
Apprenticeship duration: 12 months
Possible start date: 12th March 2018
Working week: Monday to Thursday 7.00am - 4.00pm, Friday 7.00am - 3.00pm, 39 hours per week
An exciting opportunity to join The Brockmoor Foundry as an Apprentice Maintenance Engineer. Through workplace mentoring and day release at college, you will develop the skills and knowledge needed to safely and effectively help carry out the necessary maintenance operations to all equipment and machinery in line with company requirements.
- Multi skilled maintenance apprentice engineer.
- Fault finding and repairs in Electrical and Mechanical disciplines on CNC machines.
- Assist with planned preventative maintenance.
- Complete all relevant paperwork associated with the task you are performing in a timely and accurate manner.
- Report any problems regarding equipment and machinery immediately to the Maintenance Manager or the designated deputy.
- Ensure that you are aware of all legal and Company standards and procedures with regards to Health & Safety and that you adhere to them at all times.
- Computer literate
- Problem solving
- A willingness to learn and a drive for continuous improvement
- Team player
- Good communicator
- GCSE Grade C or above in Maths and English or equivalent would be desirable but not essential.
Full training will be provided on an ongoing daily basis and when required. Through day release, you will be working towards
- L2 Performing Engineering Operations
- Functional Skills if required
An assessor will be allocated to you to progress/help you through you course. Continual assessment coupled with assignments/or exams depending on course of study. Time spent training will be part of the agreed contracted hours of the working week.
In addition, there will be:
- Health & Safety training by company
- Induction training by company
- Continuous ongoing personal development
Apprenticeship framework: Improving Operational Performance