Business Administration Apprentice (L2)
Employer: Dudley Metropolitan Borough Council
Apprenticeship level: Intermediate
Apprenticeship duration: 12 months
Possible start date: 19th March 2018
Working week: Monday to Friday, shifts TBC, 37 hours per week
This apprenticeship will offer a wide range of experience to the right applicant to use to further their career in reception, customer service and admin roles.
This front office position requires the candidates to meet and greet visitors to the building, sign-post to the relevant meeting room or officer, assist with queries and undertake administration work for a variety of teams in Adult Social Care, Children’s Services and Health and Wellbeing.
The successful candidate should have a positive outlook, be willing to learn, polite, friendly and welcoming and good customer service skills in person and on the telephone.
- Dealing with telephone enquiries, with appropriate discretion, taking messages
- Sharing reception duties with appropriate discretion
- Assisting with general word processing, filing, photocopying and other clerical duties
- Contacting relevant directorates and passing on information
- Using the computer to access information
- Receipting and distributing the mail
- To undertake petty cash and cash handling as required
- To provide a comprehensive administrative support service
- To provide a high quality customer care service to staff, service users, visitors and others who come into contact with the service
- No experience is required as full training will be provided
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Good IT skills
- Commitment to further development through training
- Knowledge of equality and diversity issues
- Willing to work on own and as part of a team
- Willing to learn and show commitment and enthusiasm
- Display positive attitude
- Self motivated and ability to organise own workloads and complete work to deadlines
- GCSEs (or equivalent) in English and Maths grade D or above is required.
On the job training, mandatory data protection e-learning training, induction and necessary support to complete the Level 2 Business & Administration Framework.
Apprenticeship framework: Business and Administration