Apprentice Dispensing Assistant (L2)
Employer: Lancewise Pharmacy
Apprenticeship level: Intermediate
Apprenticeship duration: 15 months
Possible start date: 5th March 2018
Working week: Monday to Friday (possibly also Saturday), shifts vary between 9.00am - 6.00pm to be discussed at interview, 37.5 hours per week
Patient care is at the heart of all of our training, and so this role is quite a responsibility!
Don’t worry, we will give you plenty of training and support to help you complete your apprenticeship, ready for your next challenge.
- Dispensing assistant role involved day to day running of the pharmacy, including interacting with customers suppliers and fellow healthcare professionals.
- You will also be trained to sell over the counter medicines, order and label medication and manage and rotate stock levels
- You will learn about how we sell our non-prescription medication, and how we display it on our shelves.
- We will also train you to understand about patient confidentiality and data protection which are especially important when dealing with operational queries with GP’s.
- Team player.
- Organisational skills.
- Customer service skills.
- Computer literate.
- Active learner.
- Attention to detail.
- GCSE Grade C, 4 or above in English and Maths or equivalent.
- NVQ Level 2 in Health - Pharmacy Services.
- Functional Skills - if required.
- Employee Rights and Responsibilities (ERR).
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills (PLTS).
Apprenticeship framework: Health Pharmacy Services