Casual Exams Invigilators
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Prior to start of the exam - tidy and straighten exam desks, check seating tickets are in place on desks, setting out examination materials on desks, check clocks are at start time and check that supplies of supplementary paper is available at distribution points.
- Supervise entry of candidates in silence, assist candidates to their correct seating position, ensure candidates do not open or write on the papers on their desks and visual check on candidates to ensure that they do not have any unauthorised items on their person.
- Prevent candidates who have arrived late from entering the room and supervise them outside, supervise candidates during the starting announcements.
- During the examination - invigilate candidates by slowly walking up and down the rows and provide supplementary paper to candidates if necessary.
- At the end of the examination - supervise the dismissal of students in silence ensuring candidates do not leave the room with exam papers or stationary. Collect up exam papers, booklets etc. and sort completed scripts into candidate number order. General tidying up after candidates have let the room.
- Other duties – supervise candidates with examination clashes over the lunch period, invigilate individual candidates with extra time in small examination rooms, to supervise the corridor prior to examination, checking completed scrips for candidate details and putting up/removal of notices.