Data Analyst Apprentice
Location: Bispham Campus
37 hours per week
Fixed term for one year
Summary of Responsibilities:
To design validation techniques which identify data inconsistencies and inaccuracies. To design and test systems/processes that meet the needs of new projects/demands. To test software, document problems and help resolve them. To query and analyse data and to produce meaningful user-friendly business information.
- To enhance and develop information systems and processes through effective consultation, planning, design, development and training
- To develop data and controls that help manage new processes for apprenticeship management
- To design and develop appropriate data capture processes for new projects ensuring that they allow appropriate outputs. Includes field structure, reference data, data updates specifications as appropriate.
- To support the improvement of student data quality by designing improvements to data capture forms, field structure, reference data, validation mechanisms, updates etc.
- To develop techniques which identify data credibility issues and highlight opportunities to increase income where possible.
- To process de-duplication of database records and develop other detailed data corrections according to stringent rules and controls.
- To query and analyse data and to facilitate its visualisation in ways which that meet the needs of users and help to highlight risks and opportunities
- To help test systems, in particular, database functionality following upgrades. To report problems, liaise with suppliers and help resolve them.
- To undertake ongoing training to contribute to the continuous improvement of the MI&F service.
- Additional duties as directed by the Head of MI&F and appropriate to the scale of the post.
Standard Responsibilities for all positions in B&FC:
- To fully adhere to all college policies and procedures.
- Take appropriate responsibility to ensure the health and safety of self and others.
- To pursue the achievement and integration of equality and diversity throughout all College activities.
- Blackpool and The Fylde College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. We expect all staff to share this commitment.
- To show commitment to the College and its internal and external customers.
- To work co-operatively with colleagues at all times.
- Undertake any other tasks and responsibilities appropriate to the level of this post.
This job description is current at the date shown and may be amended after consultation and agreement between management and the post holder.
Interview date TBC.