Optical Assistant - Business Admin (L2)
Employer: Crispe Opticians
Apprenticeship level: Intermediate
Apprenticeship duration: 12 months
Start date: 4th December 2017
Working week: Monday to Friday, 9am - 5.30pm; Saturday 9am - 5pm with day off in lieu.
Our highly experienced professional optometrists and dispensing opticians are requiring an Optical Assistant Apprentice to join our small and friendly team with an interest into perusing a career in the Optician industry.
- Answering telephone enquiries.
- Dealing with customers face to face.
- Collating invoices and filing.
- Distribute text messages to clients to confirm appointments or collection of spectacles.
- Making sure reception area is clean and tidy for walk in customers.
- Sending reminder letters to customers.
- Providing cash receipts and recording these.
- Computer literate.
- Great communication skills.
- Basic literacy and numeracy skills.
- Willing to learn.
- Smart appearance.
- Well spoken.
- Great customer service.
- Team player.
Qualifications required: GCSE (or equivalent); Maths, English, ICT (or Science) Grade C or above.
- Telephone manner, cashbook, NHS forms, repairs of frames and, much more depending on enthusiasm of applicant.
- Full on the job training to be provided and one day a week college attendance for underpinning knowledge. Candidate will work towards a full Business Admin level 2 apprenticeship NVQ, technical certificate, and functional skills.
Progression to advanced apprenticeship or offered full time position with progression to become a dispensing optician.