Apprentice IT 1st Line Support (L3)
Employer: PC Computer Services Limited
Apprenticeship level: Advanced
Apprenticeship duration: 18 months
Possible start date: 20th November 2017
Working week: 39 hours per week, Monday to Friday. One day college release. Shifts TBC.
To learn and shadow Engineers to gain the skills needed within PC Computer services.
- To support our clients in there network environments.
- To answer Phones in a polite manner and record clients information to the help desk/databases.
- To understand and operate the application software installed on the company workstations.
- To be responsible for your input, update and general running of the help desk ensuring that your support calls are logged, dealt within the required timescale, and the activity and time spent and updated daily.
- Support businesses with a variety of Network and IT issues, to help support with advice and problem solving.
- Installing basic software and configuring, this would naturally lead onto hard work configuration.
- An Infrastructure Technician provides support to internal and external customers, helping them to be productive when using technology to do their own jobs, by using tools to problem solve and trouble shoot non routine problems. The Infrastructure Technician sets people up on systems and provides support when they need it, rectifying issues to maintain the organisations productivity.
- Team work.
- Attention to detail.
- Problem solving.
- We are a fun bunch of individual looking for someone to join our team.
- Individual employers will set the selection criteria, but this is likely to include five GCSEs, or equivalents, (especially English, Mathematics and a Science or Technology subject).
- A relevant Level 2 Apprenticeship; other relevant qualifications and experience; or an aptitude test with a focus on IT skills.