Apprentice Business Administrator (L2)
Employer: DFH Financial Services
Apprenticeship level: Intermediate
Apprenticeship duration: 12 months
Possible start date: 6th November 2017
Working week: To be discussed at interview. 40 hours per week.
DFH Financial Solutions are looking to recruit an Apprentice Business Administrator to join their team based in Manchester City Centre.
- Collect and sort the company post according to department.
- Scan paperwork to Filestream and/or Debtsolv and file hard copy priority paperwork as appropriate.
- Accurately index forms and documents to the workflow of relevant departments.
- Log cheques and sign over to the Accounts department for banking.
- Ensure paperwork is correctly filed or securely destroyed as appropriate.
- Add scanned images and email documents to client computer files.
- Collect, staple and envelope letters from other departments with relevant forms, PPE, giro slips etc.
- Check samples of letters to ensure fees and durations are correctly calculated and report any errors.
- Ensure prompt despatch of company outbound mail, includes counting and bagging post, recording Special/Recorded delivery items and completing online Royal Mail docket/Whistl despatch papers.
- Action any file enquiries from other teams.
- Constructively contributes to team decision making and aligns own efforts towards accomplishing team goals.
- Considers and balances own needs with team needs.
- Maintains a positive influence on team morale by actively participating in team initiatives.
- Is approachable, willing to listen and gives time to colleagues when necessary.
- Shows loyalty and respect for others in the team.
- Notices when a colleague is under pressure and offers support.
- Has the ability to work independently or as part of a team.
- Provides support to the less experienced members of the team.
Punctuality, Reliability and Motivation:
- Good attendance with excellent timekeeping skills.
- Takes personal responsibility for job performance.
- Completes work in a timely and consistent manner, paying close attention to detail and accuracy.
- Sticks to commitments and shows concern for all aspects of the job and follows up on work outputs.
- Is motivated and maintains a high level of productivity and self-direction at all times.
- Discretion and a trustworthy manner, with an understanding of the need for client confidentiality.
- Has a good understanding of ‘Treating Customers Fairly’ and effectively implements this in to daily work life, putting the customers at the heart of the company.
- Ensures high levels of work and professionalism are always maintained.
Adherence and Professionalism:
- Consistently adheres to Company Policies and Procedures, and conditions of employment in carrying out daily tasks.
- Reports incidents of non-compliance to Line Manager or Compliance Team.
- Knows own responsibility for adhering to legal requirements in areas such as data protection and health and safety.
- Conforms to company dress code.
- Willingly supports and adopts any procedural changes due to compliance requirements.
- Demonstrates flexibility in an ever-changing and improving industry, ensuring high standards of self-conduct at all times.
- Actively makes use of the Company Training Portal to keep informed on policy and regulatory updates.
- Is self-motivated and takes pride and satisfaction in own work and ownership for completing tasks.
- Can deliver what is required in the role.
- Meets individual coaching objectives and progresses against competencies and targets.
- Tracks own performance and actively contributes to coaching sessions and 1:1s.
- Seeks feedback from others in order to continually improve own performance.
- Is committed to developing within the role and open to feedback.
- Contribute to the overall performance of the department.
- Provide adhoc assistance to directors and senior management as and when required.
- Excellent knowledge of office equipment such as photocopiers, scanners and printers.
- Computer literate.
- Ability to multi-task and deliver results on various projects.
- Can prioritise workload and ensure all work is completed to deadlines.
- Has good attention to detail and ensures work is completed accurately.
- Ability to use own initiative and solve problems.
- Communicates in a clear, open and honest manner and articulates ideas and information clearly and in a logical sequence.
- Responds to questions with accurate and complete information.
- Ensures the message content is appropriate to the audience.
- Allows others to speak without interrupting and demonstrates active listening.
- Adapts own communication style to needs of others.
- Written communications are clear, professional and compliant at all times.
- GCSE Grade D or above in English and Maths or equivalent.