Student Support Coordinator
Study Group is a global leader in providing a transformational learning experience for international students, leaving them with academic success and rewarding careers. 2016 was a successful year with 70,000 students enrolling across 163 countries. Above all, providing a fantastic learning experience to our students is at the heart of what we do, so if you are passionate, dedicated, and interested in embarking in a truly fulfilling position, then you’ve come to the right place.
Our Surrey Study Centre, based in Guildford, is based in the heart of a beautiful campus that is extremely picturesque with a calm, peaceful atmosphere. We are currently eager to speak with experienced customer service/support focused individuals that have a warm, friendly, professional and approachable personality.
The right candidate will provide comprehensive support to centre stakeholders including ISC students, the academic team, and student services, as well as support and participate in induction programmes. The role will also consist of supporting academic staff in relation to student attendance as well as assisting with activities in relation to visa, immigration and other compliance activities.
This position is a key role with the Professional Services team and acts as the first point of contact for the majority of student enquiries. To succeed in this post, you must have a passion for helping others, the ability to manage high volumes of admin, as well a desire to make a difference in an education setting! The team are all very friendly and professional, and all very closely together to enable the success of the centre, and the centre offers a fantastic working environment.
- Ensure management of HTS risk once student has arrived at Centre
- Record keeping in line with Home Office regulations
- Providing students with correct financial information for CAS and Visa applications
- Contacting absent students and informing parents and agents when necessary
- To provide students with information in relation to visa applications and immigration issues, creating CAS numbers where necessary
- To keep up-to-date with visa requirements and application procedures, liaising with HO and Visa and Compliance Manager as necessary
- Maintenance of UKVI HTS including updating and uploading of student information on UKVI SMS system and Study Global and assisting with QAA inspections
- To refer students for Police Registration, monitor registrations and record information
Induction and Registration
- To assist in the induction programme including the preparation of induction packs and welcome letters.
- Record and monitor late arriving students
- To run weekly attendance reports from Progresso for distribution to the Management team
- To support academic staff with attendance registers and upload where necessary onto Progresso
- Monitor and report under 18s attendance in line with Centre Attendance Policy and follow up absences
- Liaise with Head of Centre, Heads of Department Welfare Office and Administration Manager on any absence issues
- To monitor student attendance and follow attendance protocol including Home Office/UKVI requirements
- Checking attendance report weekly including maintaining absence records.
- Ensure attendance is logged onto progresso and maintaining absence spreadsheet
- To be the deputy safeguarding lead at Surrey ISC
Processing student data and information
- Record student late arrivals
- To keep student details up-to-date on master spreadsheet and Study Global database as required
- To update student bookings with Study Plan changes, including plus classes and exam resits on Study Global and the master spread sheet and informing students.
- To deal professionally and promptly with students enquiries and requests for support and foster positive relationships with the student body
- Ensure student details are kept up-to-date
- Being a point of contact for all students’ on face to face matters
- To provide general student support as required, including student correspondence – bank letters, police registration, study confirmation and council tax letters
- To support engagement with Building Futures activities
- To foster productive relationships with the student body and members of staff
- To ensure noticeboards in reception and breakout areas are regularly updated
- Cover the role of Welfare Officer in their absence
- Cover admin duties for other members of staff when absent and during peak periods
- Promote and safeguard the welfare of students with whom you come into contact.
- To assist the Administration Manager, Head of Centre and Welfare Officer as required.
- Working under pressure and to deadlines
- Working with international students
- Working in a Higher Education or Further Education environment
- Using data management systems
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Effective Communication including accurate written English
- Organisational Skills
- Proven customer service skills
- Knowledge of University database system/s and data inputting
- Advanced Word and Excel skills
- Knowledge of Further and Higher Education Courses/Structures
- Demonstrates the ability to form and maintain appropriate relationships and personal boundaries with children and young people.
- Demonstrates emotional resilience in working with challenging behaviours.
- Demonstrates a positive attitude to the use of authority and maintaining discipline.
- Works on own initiative and is a proven team player
- Enthusiastic, Committed and Curious
Study Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students, and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same commitment.
Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the role, including checks with past employers, an Enhanced Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and overseas criminal records if appropriate