5 days left
- Full Time
A dynamic college for aspiring communities
West Nottinghamshire College is widely regarded as one of the largest and most successful colleges in the country, offering a wide range of curriculum to meet both the needs of individuals and employers locally, regionally and nationally. The College owns a highly successful market leading online assessment company which operates in more than 20 countries worldwide and has a dedicated centre in India.
The College offers education and training in all major industry sectors and at all levels from pre-GCSE to full degree level. With just over 26,000 students, the College prides itself on providing a high quality experience to individuals and employers.
Renowned nationally for its significant apprenticeship provision, the College delivers in the range of 11,000 to 14,000 apprenticeships annually. Subcontracting has been a strong feature of the programme.
As a key member of the College’s Executive Team you will, through your outstanding leadership and technical expertise, excite, inspire and nurture a positive team culture, whilst ensuring the College provides excellence in service delivery.
You should have demonstrable experience of developing and implementing strategies and practices at an Executive level in a large, innovative organisation and have the ability to build credibility with key stakeholders.
Reporting to the Principal and Chief Executive, for whom you will at times deputise, you will be expected to:
- Manage the College’s finance
- Lead the development and coordination of the annual business plan
- Lead the College strategic development process to ensure that the College is well placed to take advantage of opportunities through its strategic position and operational business plans
- As a Director, take the lead in the development of the strategy for a number of College commercial subsidiary companies
- Provide oversight, advice and guidance on the effectiveness of the implementation of change programmes, advising the Principal and the Board of the impact of progress and projected outcomes for the College as a result of change
- Develop the College response to emerging challenges and opportunities, drawing together specialist functions from across the Executive team to facilitate viable solutions to ensure that the College can successfully implement new ways of working.
You will be CCAB qualified and have demonstrable experience of developing and implementing strategies and practices at an Executive level in a large, innovative organisation, where you have built credibility with key stakeholders.
For further information and to apply please click the link below
For a confidential discussion contact:
Laurence Wolahan M 07985 443 826 / 07764 902 591 or
Jamie Houlders T 0113 200 3733
9th and 10th November 2017
VWNC interviews: 27th November 2017
Note: The above dates are subject to change