Health & Safety Short Course Trainer - Construction Focus (Commercial CPD Trainer)
The role of the Commercial CPD Trainer is to support the delivery of the college’s commercial CPD courses to quality, time and high customer satisfaction. The Trainer will support the Head of Commercial CPD to deliver the agreed targets of the team.
- Planning, preparation and delivery of courses that meet College and Professional Body (where applicable) standards for teaching and learning and assessment
- Development and production of course materials for learning activities to ensure delegates are appropriately engaged, supported and able to achieve success.
- Delivery of high achievement and customer satisfaction rates
- Lead on and champion Health and Safety at your campus base, in conjunction with the Head of Safety and Wellbeing
- Monitor and evaluate delegates, offering targeted support where needed
Quality Measures and Outputs:
- Retention and pass rates above the national and college average
- High customer satisfaction rates (above 90%) and net promoter scores (above 85%)
- Production of high quality course materials and learning aids
- Good or outstanding teaching and learning observations
How outputs will be achieved:
- Deliver and assess delegates work against the criteria stated by the Awarding Body.
- Review teaching strategies and lesson plans in view of the outcomes produced by the delegates and amend as necessary
- Work with the Head of CPD (Commercial) concerning any support needed for delegates and to ensure effective communication exists between the college and delegates
- Create and maintain relevant course and delegates documentation and produce effective, efficient and well organised records and reports to assist the Head of CPD (Commercial)
- Monitor and track the progress of delegates, accessing relevant support systems and other staff expertise as needed.
- Maintain discipline and Health and Safety requirements in all areas of the centre, ensuring the safety of all delegates at all times
- Ensure that the ‘housekeeping’ on the section, and the workshop and equipment in general, meets college requirements
- Support and respond sensitively and empathically to any delegate disclosures, observing confidentiality where appropriate and referring appropriately in the case of safeguarding young people (where appropriate)
- Active leadership on health and safety as campus lead and college champion, including mandatory attendance and Health and Safety Committee meetings.
Safeguarding responsibilities (all staff)
- To take responsibility for safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people
- To be familiar and act in accordance with PROCAT’s safeguarding policies and procedures
- Ensure that PROCAT provides a safe, fair and respectful work and learning environment
Health and Safety responsibilities (all staff)
- Responsible for your own health and safety in the workplace and that of other staff, students and visitors to our sites
- Ensure you are familiar and compliant with Risk Assessments relevant to your department
- Challenge and report any dangerous behaviour to the Health and Safety Team
- Report any accidents or near misses ensuring relevant paperwork is completed in timely fashion and submitted to the Health and Safety Team
- Maintenance of your Personal Protection Equipment