PROCAT is a specialist college which has been established to meet the workforce development needs of businesses which operate in sectors which are critical to the UK economy. This includes advanced apprenticeships to secure a pipeline of new talent, higher and degree apprenticeships to support advanced engineering capability and bespoke training solutions to develop the expertise and skills of the existing workforce. We’re passionate about creating improved learning opportunities for the people of South Essex. Across each of our sites we work in partnership with universities, employers and other organisations to ensure we provide the very best learning and training opportunities for our students.
We wish to continue and grow, providing and creating more opportunities for young men and women alike, using the STEM strategy to teach; and working closely and developing relationships with companies to create the best possible careers for their futures.
Due to a period of growth we have opportunities for two Training Officers to further develop our service and responsiveness to industry. We are seeking enthusiastic individuals in the management of industrial links and workplace assessments for key account employers. The post-holders would be expected to take responsibility for the quality of industrial partnerships and to manage the workplace assessment and verifications.
The post-holders would work with and support the employer’s apprenticeship programme to ensure the alignment of the on and off job training and assessment and lead on the triangulation of formal behavioural assessment.
- To develop links and negotiate assessment arrangements with the employer and manage coordination with the external assessors & academic co-ordinators
- Take responsibility for ensuring targets are set and tracking, reviews & monitoring of apprentice progress takes place in a timely manner to ensure smooth running of the programme
- Provide regular reporting to the employer on apprentice progress to ensure timely achievement and stretch and challenge
- To meet on a regular basis with academic and/or employer staff that are involved in on-site assessments
- Provide regular reporting to the Heads of Department and Head of Apprenticeships on progress and issues arising and attend employer review meetings as appropriate
- To help, guide and support students to transition into the role as an apprentice with the employer and be a point of contact throughout the programme
- To work with supervisors and key stakeholders to ensure that apprentices are placed in a safe and suitable work situation where work based training can be clearly identified.
- To coordinate with the employer and assessors to ensure that each apprentice has the range of opportunities required for their competence assessment and that there is alignment between the on and off site learning
- Collaborate with the employer, academic staff and apprentices on the benchmarking and progress of behaviours development
- Facilitate the End Point Assessment for apprentices on behalf of the employer, if required
- Strive to achieve high employer and apprentice satisfaction ratings.
The list of duties is not exhaustive but outlines the main features of the post at appointment and may vary as the job evolves without affecting the nature of the duties or the responsibility level.
Safeguarding responsibilities (all staff)
- To take responsibility for safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people
- To be familiar and act in accordance with PROCAT’s safeguarding policies and procedures
- Ensure that PROCAT provides a safe, fair and respectful work and learning environment
Health and Safety responsibilities (all staff)
- Responsible for your own health and safety in the workplace and that of other staff, students and visitors to our sites
- Ensure you are familiar and compliant with Risk Assessments relevant to your department
- Challenge and report any dangerous behaviour to the Health and Safety Team
- Report any accidents or near misses ensuring relevant paperwork is completed in timely fashion and submitted to the Health and Safety Team
- Maintenance of your Personal Protection Equipment