Technical Skills Tutor (BSE)
PROCAT is a specialist college which has been established to meet the workforce development needs of businesses which operate in sectors which are critical to the UK economy. This includes advanced apprenticeships to secure a pipeline of new talent, higher and degree apprenticeships to support advanced engineering capability and bespoke training solutions to develop the expertise and skills of the existing workforce. We’re passionate about creating improved learning opportunities for the people of South Essex. Across each of our sites we work in partnership with universities, employers and other organisations to ensure we provide the very best learning and training opportunities for our students.
We wish to continue and grow, providing and creating more opportunities for young men and women alike, using the STEM strategy to teach; and working closely and developing relationships with companies to create the best possible careers for their futures.
Due to a period of growth we have an opportunity for Technical Skills Tutor BSE to deliver outstanding teaching and learning ensuring all learners meet or exceed their predicted outcomes.
- To plan, prepare and deliver lessons which meet the Ofsted criteria for ‘Good’ or better including the development of relevant resources
- To ensure accurate assessment and progressive feedback of learners’ work against criteria
- Create, maintain and analyse accurate data in relation to learners.
- Produce effective, accurate and current records to ensure that all parties are clear where each learner is at any given time and how to progress further
- To ensure learners are engaged and motivated to learn through active teaching and learning strategies that are learner-centric at all times
- To respond to and support students’ additional needs with referral on to appropriate parties
- To embed and promote values and support and respond sensitively and empathically to student disclosures, observing confidentiality where appropriate and referring appropriately in the case of safeguarding.
Quality Measures / Outputs:
- Achievement of key performance indicators as directed by Programme Manager (achievement, pass rates, retention and attendance)
- Observations/learning walks are at required standard or above
- Learner satisfaction at 90% or above with a clear understanding of the benefits of obtaining the skills relevant to the course
How outputs will be achieved:
- Develop all lesson plans and associated resources ensuring planning for individualised learning takes place which in-turn leads to the delivery of active and engaged learning
- Fully implement tracking systems, monitor and complete, sharing with all stakeholders to ensure that learners understand fully what needs to happen to achieve and exceed their targets
- To complete reviews/progression data/registers and any other associated reports to inform both internally and externally in a timely way
- Plan and deliver appropriate assessments in accordance with awarding body criteria and work related outcomes
- Work with associated parties to ensure that where support is in place this is highlighted within planning and shared in a timely manner to enable students to exceed their aspirations.
- Embed English, maths, ICT into planning and delivery working with vocational areas to ensure learning is relevant
- Participate and fully engage in CPD working on identified areas for improvement as evidenced through learning walks, observations and college areas for improvement
- Teaching Qualification, L2 Trade Qualification, adequate trade experience
- Competent in a range of practical construction/BSE skills: Plumbing, Air-Con, Electrical.
- Knowledge of Framework and Standards.
- Assessor A1 Award & IQA Award.
Safeguarding responsibilities (all staff)
- To take responsibility for safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people
- To be familiar and act in accordance with PROCAT’s safeguarding policies and procedures
- Ensure that PROCAT provides a safe, fair and respectful work and learning environment
Health and Safety responsibilities (all staff)
- Responsible for your own health and safety in the workplace and that of other staff, students and visitors to our sites
- Ensure you are familiar and compliant with Risk Assessments relevant to your department
- Challenge and report any dangerous behaviour to the Health and Safety Team
- Report any accidents or near misses ensuring relevant paperwork is completed in timely fashion and submitted to the Health and Safety Team
- Maintenance of your Personal Protection Equipment